Saturday, March 14, 2009

Spring Break

This week was Spring Break, and it was a much-needed break. I spent the first half of the break in DC visiting friends and then I came back and worked. Boring, I know (the working part, not the DC part). The sad thing is that even though I have worked the last four days straight. I don't think I accomplished anything except regrading midterms. I regraded them because I made most of my undergrads redo their essays on the midterm because they were so painfully bad.
I have some pictures to post of my DC trip (which admittedly is much more interesting than terrible undergrad policy essays), and I will post them in installments.

This first picture is some street players in DC outside of the Museum of American History. They are basically playing buckets and recreated STOMP on the National Mall. I have a habit from my PhD days of keeping a list of "backup careers." I am adding this to my list. I bet that I could play a mean bucket.

2 comments:

MBC said...

When I come back from The Trip and I am homeless and unemployed, I may call upon you and your bucket-playing skills to start a street band. Start practicing.

ferskner said...

I would pay to see your bucket band.