Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tasting the Delights of the Season

So I'm in NYC visiting my friend MBC who is housesitting for her brother. As I was driving up to the city at 1:00am last night, I was thinking that the last time I was in NYC was when I was 11 years old and my family came on vacation. I remember seeing the Statue of Liberty. I remember visiting my mom's cousin and his wife who told us all kinds of stories about people being pushed onto the subway tracks and dying, which made me paranoid that someone would come along and push my dad onto the tracks. Since I did not have my dad with me on this trip, I wasn't worried about that on this trip.

MBC and I went into the city today. We got the best hot chocolate in the world from the City Bakery. It even had homemade marshmallow in it. We also got pretzel croissants. Yummy! Then we went to see them blow up the balloons for the Macy's Thanksgiving parade tomorrow. That was fun, but it was super crowded. I will have a new appreciation for the parade tomorrow.

No comments: