Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Good Deed

So we had Stake Conference on Sunday and I went up early for choir practice. I was running late, so I quickly parked and ran into the building. A few minutes later a very nice man came into the room and asked, "Who is the person with the silver Hyundai parked at the back? It has a flat tire."

Me: Sit and wait, hoping that someone else has a silver Hyundai parked in the back. Finally, after a long pause, "A Hyundai Elantra?"

Very Nice Man: "Yes."

Me: (in my head) Great.

Very Nice Man: If you give me your keys, I will go change your tire while you practice with the choir.

Me: That sounds like a great deal to me!

So yes, the Very Nice Man changed my tire for me, and I was super grateful. I was having a rough morning (because I was up again till 2:00am working) and it was nice to have someone do me a favor that I didn't even know that I needed.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

It is amazing how one good deed can can save one's perspective of humanity.

Saw it again and again while traveling.

Sally said...

Wonderful!

Lindsey said...

Hey... it's your cousin... anyway, I love this story!! How nice! I hope you knew him though, because I realized just now what a great scam that could have been! haha...