I've had a new addition to my household since I moved to Charlotte. His name is Mr. Knightley (from Jane Austen's Emma), and he is a black cat. Mr. Knightley is pretty affectionate for a cat, and he is usually in the same room with me (except when I am playing the piano, which I take as evidence of my atropied skills).
Here are some things that Mr. Knightley likes:
--anything that moves, especially the fish on my screen saver
--popcorn, both playing with it and eating it (strange, I know)
--sitting on the stairs where he can survey what is going on everywhere
--getting into the fireplace and making black pawprints on the new carpet (I strongly discourage this behavior)
--chewing on my hair (also discouraged)
--pouncing on pretty much anything
And yes, when my parents were here visiting, they treated Knightley like a granchild and would buy him toys and feed him from the table.
4 comments:
Coordinatrix, I had begun to despair many months ago that we had lost you in this online blogging world. I have faithfully checked each week for a new post. Soooo glad you are back and to read about the addition to your family.
Will there be post about your fun experience in the Emerald City?
It is good to hear from you again. I'm so excited about your new Mr. Knightly. He's very cute.
Good to see you post again. Hope you had a good holiday. We certainly enjoyed Disneying w/ you. (When are you going to blog about that?)
Ooooo he's cute! I'm not that into cats but he sounds like fun.
Post a Comment