Other foods we enjoyed in Nova Scotia were homemade hodge podge and chicken bones. Do not be deceived by the name chicken bones. They involve neither chicken nor bones. Instead, they are peppermint candies with a chocolate center. Quite good. I tried to get some to take home, but unfortunately we couldn't find any on the way to the airport.
Monday, August 16, 2010
Donairs and Chicken Bones
So the whole time I was in Nova Scotia, Steve kept telling us about donairs--a local speciality. Basically it is like a gyros sandwich, except the meat isn't as spicy and the sauce is really sweet. Toward the end of our trip, we stopped somewhere on Prince Edward Island for a lovely lunch of donairs. It was quite good. I enjoyed the sauce a great deal.
Other foods we enjoyed in Nova Scotia were homemade hodge podge and chicken bones. Do not be deceived by the name chicken bones. They involve neither chicken nor bones. Instead, they are peppermint candies with a chocolate center. Quite good. I tried to get some to take home, but unfortunately we couldn't find any on the way to the airport.
Other foods we enjoyed in Nova Scotia were homemade hodge podge and chicken bones. Do not be deceived by the name chicken bones. They involve neither chicken nor bones. Instead, they are peppermint candies with a chocolate center. Quite good. I tried to get some to take home, but unfortunately we couldn't find any on the way to the airport.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment