Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dating Service Activity

So, despite that fact that I don't yet have much of a social life here in Charlotte, I did have three options of things to do last Friday night.

#1--Go to the Teaching in Excellence Ceremonial Dinner put on by the University and Bank of America

#2--Go to an activity being put on by the dating service at a comedy club

#3--Go to a single adult church dance (not YSA, just SA)

I chose Door #2. Luckily I had met another woman at the photoshoot and we decided to go to the activity together. We arrived late because a tree had knocked out a powerline and half the stoplights on the way there were not working. Because we were late, the only two seats left with the group were up at the front by the stage and neither one of us wanted to sit up there (then we would have had to interact with the comedian). So we sat at a table NEAR the group but not with anyone FROM the group. Also, upon looking around, I realized that I was by far the youngest person there. The woman I came with was 39, but I don't think that there was anyone else there in their 30s. It mostly seemed to be people in their late 40s or 50s. Plus there were only about five men. Lame. And the comedians were supposed to be clean, but they weren't.

I could have gone to the church dance, but I suspect that I would have faced similar age issues and gender ratio imbalances.

I should have gone to the Teaching Ceremony and hung out with my cool colleagues and had free dinner. Now I know.

3 comments:

MBC said...

And knowing's half the battle.

E said...

ALWAYS go with the free dinner.

Anonymous said...

Dance? Comedy? or free dinner?

I think we can guess at where the men were that night.