So I traveled from Charlotte, NC to Blue Mountain Lake, NY today to attend a special public administration conference. The highlight of the trip was the drive from Burlington, Vermont to Blue Mountain Lake. We had to take a ferry across Lake Champlain to get begin the trip.
While on the ferry, I learned that Lake Champlain has its own sea monster, just like Loch Ness, and the sea monster's name is Champ. One of my colleagues who was traveling with me (and is from the Burlington area) was telling us about Champ (and I was thrilled to hear that they have a sea monster), and one of the other ferry passengers interrupted to say that her in-laws have seen Champ. She went on to tell the whole story of how, when and where they saw him. Apparantely he is quite large and long. Of course, no sea monster story is complete without the grainy photographs, so check this link out: http://www.angelfire.com/home/lake/champ.html
Ferrying across a lake with a sea monster was the highlight of my day...and perhaps my week. (Sitting at a conference pretending to be smart was not the highlight of my day, except perhaps the part at dinner when a man was telling me about his research on terrorist networks.)
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Terrifying! I'm glad Champ didn't eat you.
Post a Comment