Sunday, August 24, 2008

datingincharlotte.com

So during my first week here, I drove past a billboard that read, "Single? datingincharlotte.com." I thought to myself. I am single. I am in Charlotte. I want to date. So on a particularly sad and lonely day here in Charlotte, I went to the website. Now, I don't know about you guys, but when I see a website like that I think "internet dating." And I thought that it might be an advantage to get on an internet site that is all Charlotte people because then I have the advantage of meeting people in person and not just sending emails all the time.

The website wasn't what I expected. It had a profile page to fill out and a submit button, but no sample profiles, no "Join now for $19.99 a month" or anything like that. After some hesitation, I decided to fill out the profile and clicked submit.

What I Expected to Happen: that the site would then show me some sample profiles and say "Join now for $19.99 a month." I could then get a feel for their site and maybe think about making a profile.

What Really Happened: the site said that one of their relationship counselors would be in touch with me in a couple days to take about my profile. Yikes! It was at that moment that I knew I had started a ball rolling--just not the ball I expected to start.

So a very peppy and friendly lady did call me a couple days later. I did ponder not answering my phone, but I for the sake of (a) curiosity, (b) blog fodder, and (c) the fact that I am surrounded by married people at church and work, I decided to listen to what she had to say. I asked all about their program. She did tell me that they really need women in my age range right now because they have a plethora (my word, not hers) of good men right now. Interesting....

3 comments:

MBC said...

I hope there are actual dating stories coming our way soon.

E said...

I think that "blog fodder" is my new favorite phrase. I totally support you recording your dating adventures for all of us to enjoy!

The Coordinatrix said...

I'm glad that you guys are excited about this, because it makes me feel like a freakshow. But I thought that I would set an appointment to go in and see what these people are up to.