Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My New Callings

There are many big changes taking place in my life with this move to Charlotte and one of them is that after fifteen years of happily being in singles wards, I am now attending a regular ward at church. I can't really say that this was a choice as I feel a little bit forced into it by the fact that the singles ward here kicks out people when they get to be my age. So rather than go inactive, I go to a regular ward. And I admit that it freaks me out a great deal, but I am trying to be open-minded about it.

So I have received my callings. I am the Ward Organist and the Primary Pianist. You can tell that my new ward needs musical talent if they are pulling this heavily on my meager skills. Luckily Primary songs are pretty easy to play because I think that the organ part will be a challenge. I will likely also be doing some playing for the ward choir. I anticipate that church will be exhausting.

1 comment:

ferskner said...

YIKES! Ward Organist? I can't think of anything worse. Best of luck to you!