Thursday, August 14, 2008

Olympians and Bodies in My Neighborhood

I am discovering that my neighborhood is indeed special. For one thing, someone from my neighborhood is on the U.S. Olympic Swim Team and recently competed in Beijing. Who would have thought?

The second thing that I have learned about my neighborhood is that I'm definitely not in Bloomington anymore. The other night I was out taking a walk and ran into my neighbor from across the street who was walking her dog. She asked me if I had heard what had happened the other night. I had not since I have neither the paper nor cable to watch the news. She said that she was walking back up to our street the previous evening and a lady stopped her and said, "You probably don't want to go up there." My neighbor inquired further and the woman told her that there were police cars up there and that they had found two bodies in the trunk of a car. When my neighbor reached our street she heard a similar story from some other people on our street who said that they had been walking up there where the police cars are (basically around the corner from us) and could smell the decomposing bodies. My neighbor said that she checked the news and found out that there was indeed a body found in the trunk of a car (only one, not two) but that the body was not there under suspicious circumstances. Personally, I have a hard time conceiving of non-suspicious circumstances for the presence of a decomposing body in a trunk. Hmm...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo, first comment on the post!

I can't think of any non-suspicious reasons for decomposing bodies in truck either. Unless the bodies were pets and on their way to be buried, but that wouldn't involve police. I can think of a lot of suspicious reasons for it though.

MBC said...

Which swimming Olympian?

Kirsten said...

And wouldn't it be scary if one of the bodies was a former olympian. I am seeing a Tonya Harding/Nancy Kerrigan theme gone much much worse.

The Coordinatrix said...

The swimming Olympian was Mark Galdhoff or something like that. I threw away the newsletter already that had his name on it.

I think it would be exciting if the body was related to the Olympics in some way. It could be some jealous soul that didn't make it into the Olympics.

ferskner said...

Intrigue!