Thursday, August 13, 2009

Inappropriate Clothing

So we met up with our good friend Pinchy here in Edinburgh, and we've been having a grand time with her. She told me a saying that she saw on a magnet here. It said, "There is no bad weather in Scotland, only inappropriate clothing." That sums up my six-week trip. I packed more for the weather in Italy (hot) and we were only there about 5 days. Since then we have progressively moved our way through colder and more rainy places. And given my natural propensity to be freezing cold all the time indoors and outdoors, I packed mostly inappropriate clothing. Ergo, I have accumulated over this trip: 1 pink fleece blanket with flowers on it, 1 bright blue umbrella, 1 awesome pink jacket, 2 fleece jackets, and one light blue scarf. It is hard to pack for colder places when you leave in the middle of the summer!

No comments: