Monday, August 17, 2009

Penguin Parade

So while I was in Edinburgh, I visited the Edinburgh Zoo. Every day at 2:15pm, the zoo has a penguin parade. The penguins line up at the door and the keepers open the door and let the penguins walk around the grassy area in front of their cage, and then the go back into their habitat. It is really cool! I got a video of the penguin parade. Unfortunately, the day that I was at the zoo, most of the penguins were molting so they did not feel like joining the parade. Joining the parade is voluntary for the penguins. But here's a little video of my penguin fun. I didn't want to leave after that.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I love the littlest penguin when he finally comes back into range on your video. He looks as if he is weighed down by the weight of the world, or at least zoo life.

stephicat said...

They are so cute. I want to join a penguin parade.

The Coordinatrix said...

I know. They said that the littlest penguin loves to go on the parade every time. But sometimes he gets tired and the keepers have to carry him. I thought that was really cute.