Friday, August 28, 2009

Super Castle Party Day, Part II--Hailes Castle


So another castle that we visited on Super Castle Party Day was Hailes Castle. Hailes was a cool castle because it was in the middle of nowhere, and it was free, and it had rooms you could go into AND there were no other people there, which was a nice change. Some of the sights are so crowded that you want to leave as soon as you get there. But we had this castle all to ourselves. We were there in the late evening, so the light was really beautiful shinning on the green, green grass.

It would have been nice to live in this castle. It wasn't too big, so there is less cleaning and maintenance. (As a new homeowner, I think about these things.) Plus it is right next to a nice little river.

Here's the Metadog looking at MBC. Metadog is an Italian greyhound, so Scotland makes her cold. That is why she is wearing a jacket. (I understood how she felt. I was always cold too.)


See! I told you! Look at that lovely pathway of light!




No comments: