Sunday, August 30, 2009

Super Castle Party Day, Part III--Tantallon Castle

The third castle we visited was Tantallon Castle. One of the cool things about this castle is that it is right on the ocean. It was also a very tall castle, and you can still climb up about five or six stories to get a great view. Of course, you are climbing up tight, narrow, circular staircases. Even though we visited a million castle in Scotland, I never got tired of it. Each castle had a unique feel to it and was really neat for some special reason. It makes me want to live in a castle. Except I hear that castles are always drafty and given my propensity to be cold, it would be unwise of me to choose a caslte for my accommodations. But next time I go back to Europe I am going to spend the night in a castle! (Not a ruined one, but the ones that they've turned into hotels.)









No comments: