The Bath Abbey is quite spectacular. We actually got to hear a great organ concert here the other day, which was so lovely. It made me wish that I had that level of skill when I play the organ at church on Sunday.
The Bath Abbey was burned down and destroyed at one point (I can’t remember why, when or how). But the man who rebuilt the Abbey did so because of a miraculous dream that he had. He dreamed that he saw God in the heaven surrounded by his attendants. And he saws ladders between heaven and earth with angels ascending and descending the ladders. The outside of the Abbey depicts this dream. Here are some pictures of the angels ascending and descending a ladder. It is difficult to tell whether they are ascending or descending, but we are pretty sure that the upside down angel is descending.
Here are some pictures of the interior of the Bath Abbey. The windows turned out pretty well. It is hard to get pictures of painted windows (or stained glass windows) that turn out well. 

No comments:
Post a Comment