Saturday, July 25, 2009

What the USA Does Well

We have been travelling for almost three weeks now, and that has been plenty of time for me to realize what I miss about the United States. What the USA does well:

--Ice water. I can never get properly hydrated when I am traveling. And lots of times when I get water it isn’t very cold or it doesn’t come in copious quantities. Someday I will be wealthy enough to buy a water bottle whenever I’m thirsty, even if it costs $4 or $5.

--Public Seating. It is often hard to find a place to sit at these tourist attractions. I usually find it easier to find a good place to sit when I travel in the US. In Italy, most of the restaurants charge a cover fee if you want to sit down to eat your food.

--Public Restrooms. At least you never get charged to use the restroom in the USA and they are often quite plentiful.

--Couches. Not that other countries do not have couches, but usually when you are traveling you don’t have a couch to sit on. Our Bath apartment does have two couches, but they aren’t very comfortable. Sometimes I miss plopping down on a nice, comfy couch.

No comments: