I know that my adoring fan club is wondering if any of us four girls found love in Italy. I hate to inform you, but none of us are coming home with an Italian boyfriend (yet--MBC is still going back to Italy in September and now that she knows a few phrases in Italian, she should have it in the pocket). The rest of us, however, will go home disappointed. In our tour book, it even said that we would find Cassanovas at the Piazza Navarra, but no luck.



On the drive to London, we were joking around with our tour director about it since the four of us were the only single people on the tour. She asked us if we had thrown a coin into the Trevi Fountain and was appalled when we responded that none of us had. She is convinced that the Trevi Fountain really works. If you throw throw a coin over your shoulder into the fountain, your wish is supposed to come true. At the time, the fountain was so busy and crazy (see below) and we were so dead dog tired that we neglected to perform this ritual. That would explain why we found no love in Italy.
Just to give you an idea of how bad it was, when we went out to dinner with the tour group in Venice, the couple from Canberra who were sitting at our table even commented on how disappointed they were that that waiters didn't flirt with the cute single girls sitting at their table.
At least our coach driver was Italian and he would call us "bella" as he helped us off the coach. I miss being in a county where I get called "bella" every day by random strangers. I must go back.
Here are a few pictures of the Trevi Fountain, which I like a great deal. Here is me at the fountain. Note: no coin throwing.
Here's another fountain shot--the whole building was beautiful.
Here's a shot of the crowd. This might explain why we didn't throw in a coin.
I do have two pieces of good news. First, we can always go back to Italy and now we have a good excuse. Second, we have stood on the navel of Paris. According to Legend, if you stand on the star outside of the Notre Dame Cathedral, then you will go back to Paris. The star marks the center of Paris. We stood on the star, so at least Paris will be in my future again.
1 comment:
Becky,
You are so awesome!
I am glad you are having such a great time!
The Silver Fox
Post a Comment