Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mamma Mia Sing-a-Long!

So a couple nights ago we had the lovely opportunity to attend a Mamma Mia sing-a-long at a comedy club in Bath. It was awesome! I love ABBA music (I loved it even before Mamma Mia came along) and I love singing along with anything, so this was a perfect combination for me. It was so much fun to be there with all those English women (and a few token men who I’m sure earned a lot of brownie points for being there). Some people even dressed up for the occasion, and I wished that I had more suitable attire. Everyone was singing and dancing in the aisles. We cheered for the characters we loved (even those who don’t sing so well). It was a special, magical night! I am tempted to host my own Mamma Mia sing-a-long when I get home to Charlotte, although I don’t know people there well enough to know if anyone would come. Still, I have been known to sit and do karaoke by myself, so I could have my own personal sing-a-long. Party time!

Next, the comedy club is offering a dance-a-long to the movie Bride and Prejudice (the Bollywood version of Pride and Prejudice). For those of you who are unfamiliar with Bollywood movies, there is always a lot of singing and dancing in them. Unfortunately, as much as we want to attend the dance-a-long, it is in late August, so we will have already left Bath by then.

No comments: